Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To cook chicken tortilla soup you need 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Take 1/2 cup of ditalini pasta.
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 of onion diced.
- Take 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Provide 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28oz).
- Take 1 can of green chiles (4oz).
- Use 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin.
- Take 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Use 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded chicken breast.
- Get 1 cup of corn kernels (or mexicorn).
- Provide 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Take 1 of juice of one lime.
- You need 1 of tortilla strips for serving.
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well..
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper; season with salt and pepper, to taste..
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken, corn, cilantro and lime juice until heated through, about 2 minutes..
- Serve immediately, garnished with avocado, tortilla strips, cheese or sour cream if desired..
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.