Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Lentil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a few small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you most likely purchase many food items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker lentil soup recipe. You can cook slow cooker lentil soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Lentil Soup:
- Take 3 of Carrots chopped.
- You need 2 of Ribs of celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Onion chopped.
- Provide 3 of Garlic cloves pressed.
- Take 8 cup of of veg or chicken broth.
- Take 1 bag of of dry lentils, rinsed.
- Take 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 2 of Dry bay leaves.
- Provide 2 of Cubed red potato.
- Take 1 bunch of of spinach or kale chopped.
- Provide 2 tbsp of tomato paste diluted in 1/4 cup water or broth.
- Provide 1 of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Lentil Soup:
- Put all the ingredients (Except the spinach,kale,salt and pepper) in the slow cooker give it a stir and cover. Set cooker to high and cook for 5-6 hours. About 15 minutes before serving add the spinach or kale (or both) salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves before serving. This is a fantastic make ahead meal. It is better the next day. It freezes well too. If the lentils thicken just add broth to desired consistency. Serve with a sandwich or it is a healthy meal on its own. Enjoy!.
If you find this Slow Cooker Lentil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.