Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you presently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pounded yam with egusi soup and chicken recipe. You can have pounded yam with egusi soup and chicken using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken:
- Provide of Pounded Yam.
- Provide 1 of Medium Yam.
- Get Pinch of suger.
- You need of Salt.
- Provide of Water.
- Prepare of Egusi Soup.
- Prepare of Egusi.
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare of Spinach.
- You need of Palm oil.
- Take of I big onion.
- Get 2 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- Use of Whole roasted shrimps.
- Provide of Crawfish powder.
- Get of Salt and seasonings.
Steps to make Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken:
- Peel the Yam into a medium sizes, wash and pour it into a clean pot and add water.
- Add a little bit suger toward the end to even out the bitterness from the yam.
- Drain the yam from the pot after cooking and pour it into a mota or pounding machine and pound till soft.
- Remove for the mota and make a shape of your choice, mine is round😜.
- Cut the chicken into pieces, put it in a clean pot and add onion, curry, seasonings and salt to taste. Cover and leave to cook for some minutes.
- In another clean pot, add palm oil and a diced onion, fry till the onion is golden brown. You can add some garlic if u like but is optional.
- Blend the red bell pepper and tomatoe, pour into the palm oil and fry it also.
- Diced the onion and mix it with the egusi, add water bit by bit until you make a thick paste.
- Scoop the egusi and let it cook for like 15 minutes on a low heat.
- After boiling the chicken, then fry it a bit and add it together with its stock into the egusi.
- Add some whole roasted shrimps and crawfish powder, add curry, seasonings and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add spinach after cooking for like 10 minutes.
- Stir it well and leave for 5 minutes.
- My pounded Yam with Egusi soup and chicken is ready to serve. Enjoy with a drink of choice 😘😙😚.
If you find this Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.