Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caldo Verde (kale soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo Verde (kale soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde (kale soup) recipe. To cook caldo verde (kale soup) you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Caldo Verde (kale soup):
- Use 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 1 of stock cube.
- Provide 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 2 liter of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 3 of garlic cloves (finely chopped).
- Provide 50 grams of chorizo (sliced).
- Provide 3 medium of potatoes (add more or less depending on your preference of how thick you want soup).
- Get 500 grams of of kale or any other dark cabbage (finely sliced).
Instructions to make Caldo Verde (kale soup):
- First start by boiling your potatoes as normal..
- In a seperate pot, add the water, stock cube, salt, olive oil and bay leave..
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 20 minutes..
- Once potatoes are cooked and drained, mash finely..
- Add the mash to the soup, stir and cook for another 10-12 minutes..
- Add the kale to the pot, cook for another 15-20 minutes..
- Add the chorizo 10 minutes before turning the stove off along with another drizzle of olive oil..
- Check seasoning leave to rest for 10 minutes and serve..
If you find this Caldo Verde (kale soup) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.