Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, merely making a few small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can obtain results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. Even more crucial than wholly modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lite chicken tortilla soup recipe. To make lite chicken tortilla soup you need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- You need 1 of Rotisserie Chicken shredded… I discarded the skin.
- Provide 28 oz of crushed tomatoes (1 large can).
- Use 2 of 10 ounce cans of enchilada sauce.
- Use 2 of medium onions chopped or 2 teaspoons onion powder.
- Take 8 oz of chopped green chilies.
- Take 2 of cloves minced garlic.
- Take 2 of 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Use 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Use 2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 20 oz of frozen corn.
- Take 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- Take 1 of Optional Garnishes- avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime, and tortilla chips (broken into pieces).
Steps to make Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir..
- Cool on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours..
- Taste soup about an hour before done and if it tastes too strong add water and continue cooking..
- Garnish as desired..
If you find this Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.