Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Squash (ed) Soup! recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Squash (ed) Soup! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash (ed) Soup! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you did. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to return to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to squash (ed) soup! recipe. You can cook squash (ed) soup! using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Squash (ed) Soup!:
- Provide 1/2 of butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 3cms pieces.
- Use 2 of medium carrots, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 handful of chopped cavolo nero or kale leaves.
- Use 2 of diced onions.
- Use 4 of celery sticks diced.
- Provide 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped.
- Use 3 of cms fresh ginger, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut/olive oil.
- Take of Freshly ground black/long pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of herby salt (Herbamare).
- Provide 1-2 of vegetable stock cubes (optional).
- Provide 1 of heaped tsp ground turmeric.
- Get 1 of heaped tsp ground cinnamon.
- Use 1 of heaped tsp fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp cumin seeds.
Instructions to make Squash (ed) Soup!:
- Use the oil to fry the onion over a low heat in a large heavy bottomed saucepan until they soften..
- Add the garlic, ginger, celery and spices and fry for a further minute, stirring to prevent sticking..
- Add the water (pre-boiled to speed things up!) to the pan with the squash, carrots, stock (if using), salt and pepper..
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for around 30 mins or until the squash and carrots are soft..
- Add the cavolo nero/kale and simmer for a further 5 mins..
- Take the soup off the heat and squash it to your preferred consistency using a humble potato masher! This creates a delicious and hearty soup that still has texture. It can be blended if preferred, but you will need to change the name!.
If you find this Squash (ed) Soup! recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.