Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. One healthy alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. To cook minestrone soup you need 18 ingredients and 32 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Minestrone Soup:
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Use 1 of red onion.
- Take 2 of carrots.
- Use 2 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1 of courgette/zucchini.
- Get 1 of small leek.
- You need 1 of large potato.
- Get 1 of x 400g (15 oz) tin or can of cannellini beans.
- You need 2 slices of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon.
- Get of olive oil.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Use 1 of fresh bay leaf.
- You need 2 of x 400g (14-oz) tins or cans plum tomatoes.
- Use 1 litre (4 cups) of organic vegetable stock.
- Use 1 of large handful of seasonal greens, such as savoy cabbage, curly kale, chard.
- Prepare 100 g (4 oz) of wholemeal pasta.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 bunch of fresh basil (optional).
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
Instructions to make Minestrone Soup:
- Peel and finely chop the garlic..
- Peel and finely chop the onion..
- Trim and roughly chop the carrots..
- Trim and roughly chop the celery..
- Trim and roughly chop the courgette/zucchini..
- Then add the vegetables to a large bowl..
- Cut the ends off the leeks, quarter them lengthways..
- Wash them under running water….
- Then cut into 1cm slices. Add to the bowl..
- Scrub and dice the potato..
- Drain the cannellini beans, then set aside..
- Finely slice the bacon..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the bacon….
- And fry gently for 2 minutes, or until golden..
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, courgette/zucchini, and leek..
- Add oregano and bay..
- Cook slowly for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally..
- Add the potato, cannellini beans and plum tomatoes…..
- Then pour in the vegetable stock..
- Stir well, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon..
- Cover with a lid and bring everything slowly to the boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the potato is cooked through. Meanwhile….
- Remove and discard any tough stalks bits from the greens….
- Then roughly chop..
- Using a rolling pin, bash the pasta into pieces while it’s still in the packet or wrap in a clean tea towel..
- To check the potato is cooked, pierce a chunk of it with a sharp knife – if it pierces easily, it’s done..
- Add the greens and pasta to the pan, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente..
- This translates as ‘to the tooth’ and means that it should be soft enough to eat, but still have a bit of a bite and firmness to it..
- Try some just before the time is up to make sure you cook it perfectly..
- Add a splash more stock or water to loosen, if needed..
- Pick over the basil leaves (if using) and stir through..
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then serve with a grating of Parmesan and a slice of wholemeal bread, if you like..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.