Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Vegetable Seviyan Upma (veg vermicelli) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetable Seviyan Upma (veg vermicelli) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetable Seviyan Upma (veg vermicelli) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
We are all aware that having healthy snacks can help us really feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Certain foods made from whole grains are great for a quick snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Whole grains are generally better than refined grains found in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetable seviyan upma (veg vermicelli) recipe. To make vegetable seviyan upma (veg vermicelli) you need 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegetable Seviyan Upma (veg vermicelli):
- Use of For the vermicelli.
- Prepare 1 cup of Roasted vermicelli:.
- Provide 5 cups of Water:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oil:.
- Get 1 tsp of Salt:.
- Use of For the vegetable base.
- Provide of Mixed vegetables:.
- Provide 1 ¼ cups of (chopped carrots, chopped beans, green peas).
- Take 10-12 of Cashews: sliced in half vertically.
- Get 10-12 of Raisins: (optional).
- Get 3 tbsp of Mustard or sesame oil:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds:.
- Provide 1 tsp of Mustard seeds:.
- Use 10-12 of Curry leaves:.
- Prepare ½ inch piece of Ginger: chopped.
- Take 1 chopped of Onion:.
- Provide 1 chopped of Green chilli.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Turmeric:.
- Prepare of Salt: 1 ¼ tsp (or to taste).
- Get of Lemon juice: of half a lemon.
Steps to make Vegetable Seviyan Upma (veg vermicelli):
- In a large pot, boil 5 cups of water with 1 tsp of oil and 1 tsp of salt. Add the roasted vermicelli and cook till it’s done, yet firm. For 6-7 minutes. Drain out the excess water through a colander. Keep aside..
- Simultaneously, heat 3 tbsp of oil in a kadai/wok. Add the sliced cashews and roast for 30-40 seconds on low flame till they turn slightly golden. Remove with a slotted spoon on an absorbent paper..
- To the same oil, add cumin and mustard seeds.Let them splutter then add the curry leaves. Mix, and add the chopped ginger. Let the ginger turn a little golden..
- Now add the onions, green chilies and turmeric powder. Cook till onions turn golden on the edges. Add the chopped vegetables and salt. Mix well. Add a sprinkle of water (1-2 tbsp) and cover..
- Let the vegetables cook till they turn tender. Once the vegetables are tender add the roasted cashews and mix. Finally add the boiled vermicelli and lemon juice. Mix everything well..
- Check the seasonings and serve hot. You can also serve some coconut chutney with it..
If you find this Vegetable Seviyan Upma (veg vermicelli) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.