Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to curry puff (basic pastry) recipe. To make curry puff (basic pastry) you only need 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Puff (Basic Pastry):
- Prepare of Curry Puff Filling.
- Use 2 cups of peeled & finely diced potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of minced chicken.
- Use 1 cup of finely chopped brown/yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely minced/chopped garlic.
- Get 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of meat curry powder (Baba's).
- Provide 1 tsp of KEEN'S curry powder (see pic – optional).
- Get 1 tbsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Get to taste of Pepper.
- Provide of Peanut/vegetable oil (cooking).
- Prepare of Curry Puff Skin.
- Provide 500 g of plain flour.
- Provide 100 g of rice flour.
- Use 100 g of tapioca flour.
- Provide 200 g of margarine/butter.
- Use 250-300 ml of water.
- You need of Oil for frying.
Instructions to make Curry Puff (Basic Pastry):
- Curry Puff Filling – Heat up wok over medium high heat and pour enough oil to cook curry puff filling. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add finely diced potato and minced chicken. Cook and stir over medium high heat. Add chilli & curry powder. Add the remaining ingredients and keep stirring. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Simmer until lightly dry and potatoes are soft. Turn off the heat & leave aside to cool..
- Curry puff skin – Rubbing method. Rub plain flour, rice flour, tapioca flour & butter until well mixed & resemble bread crumbs. Then add water in few additions, stop adding water once you have pliable dough. Avoid over knead the pastry. Roll out dough into desired thickness (3mm thick) and then cut into round shape. Wrap up the filling & fold into the shape of curry puff. Pinch the edge of curry puff & twist it to seal (We use curry puff mould)..
- Tip for step 2 👉🏻 Use food processor instead of the rubbing method. Just pulse the dry ingredients and butter for curry puff skin until it resembles bread crumbs. Then, add enough water to form a pliable dough..
- Heat up oil for deep frying. (Always use enough oil for frying so you ll have crispy curry puffs). Deep fry until golden brown. We usually make these in big batch. We Half bake them & leave them to cool completely before refrigerate. Fry the next day or after. Alternatively these puffs can be stored in the freezer and last for months. Just half bake them, always leave them to cool completely before storing, in the fridge or freezer. No thawing needed when frying the ones from the freezer..
If you find this Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.