Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Treats.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A piece of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run may be more healthy with whole fiber chips and crackers. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe. You can have southwest beef 'n' bean soup using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Provide 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded or diced.
- Get 2 lb of ground beef.
- Use 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained (15 oz can).
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans, drained (29 oz can).
- Take 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (15 oz can).
- Prepare 5 of small potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 packages of frozen vegetables – country trio – carrots, green beans, and corn.
- You need 3 quart of beef stock.
- Prepare of salt.
- Use of ground black pepper.
- Use 2 of bay leaf.
- Take 3 tbsp of chili powder – use more for spicier soup.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground cumin – adjust to taste.
- Get of tortilla chips (optional).
- Prepare of shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional).
Instructions to make Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt. Some liquid will cook out of the celery; this is normal. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the onion begins to turn translucent and the liquid has cooked off..
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic begins to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer vegetables to a large soup pot..
- Break up ground beef into skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Return to heat..
- Scramble ground beef over medium high heat until browned..
- Transfer ground beef to a large plate or bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Pat top with a paper towel. Then transfer ground beef to soup pot with onion mixture..
- Add both cans of beans (drained), tomatoes (undrained), potatoes, and frozen vegetables to soup pot..
- Add beef stock to soup pot. (You can also substitute water and beef bullion for stock. Use 1 cube bullion per quart of water.) Add bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce..
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then turn heat down so that soup simmers but doesn't boil..
- While soup is simmering, add chili powder and cumin. Adjust seasoning (salt, chili powder, cumin, etc.) to taste. You might need more salt than you think because the potatoes absorb quite a bit while they cook..
- Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are tender and just starting to break down. (You can tell they are breaking down when the edges start to look rounded-off instead of sharp.) If you need to add water while the soup cooks, heat water to boiling in the microwave first and *carefully* add to the soup pot..
- Remove bay leaves before serving..
- If desired, crumble a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladel soup over them. Top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.
If you find this Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.