Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Snacks.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A bit of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have countless options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A piece of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run may be healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain foods is always better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to whole wheat cornbread cottage pie recipe. To cook whole wheat cornbread cottage pie you need 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie:
- Take 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Provide 2 lbs of ground turkey (or any other ground meat).
- Prepare 1/2 packet of cornbread mix.
- You need 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (or equivalent egg substitute).
- You need of cheese of your choice.
- Take of Barbecue sauce (optional).
- Prepare of vegetables of choice, I used long green beans.
Steps to make Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie:
- Start by browning and draining the grease out of your ground meat..
- Once meat is cooked, Mix together the cream of mushroom soup and water together, add to the mix. Continue to cook on low heat while preparing the rest..
- Mix together a half packet of cornbread mix with the whole wheat flour and eggs. Continue to add water and mix until cornbread mixture becomes the proper texture..
- Once all parts of the pie are prepared, lay the meat/mushroom mixture down in the cassarole dish first. Lay down your vegetables on top and than pour and evenly spread the cornbread mixture over top..
- Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 20-30mins or until your cornbread has become golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting into it..
- As this recipe tends to dry out slightly when left as leftovers, I recommend adding a dollop of barbecue sauce to the top on any portions that have been reheated..
If you find this Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.