Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Butter Chickpea Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Butter Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butter Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out several modest changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butter chickpea curry recipe. To cook butter chickpea curry you only need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Provide 4 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Get 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced or presses.
- Use 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger.
- Use 2 tablespoons of garam masala powder (a little less if you use the paste).
- Provide 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Get 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste).
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 170 g of tomato paste.
- Take 1 can (400 g) of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (400 g) of full fat coconut milk.
- Use 3 cans (440 g) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 4 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Take of Chopped cilantro or parsley as garnish.
Steps to make Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes, until translucent, stirring once in a while..
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add ginger and all the spices and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add tomato paste and give a good stir..
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, fill the can 3/4 full with water and add to the pan..
- Bring to a low simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk. Transfer to a pot and purée with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy..
- Return the pot to heat, add chickpeas and give a good stir. Cover and gently simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring every now and then..
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and (cold) heavy cream. (If the cornstarch doesn’t dissolve well, add a tiny bit of cold water). Add the slurry and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and simmer for further 5 minutes stirring carefully, until the sauce starts to thicken..
- Take a taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro or parsley and serve with rice and/or boiled potatoes..
If you find this Butter Chickpea Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.