Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy gingered Kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy gingered Kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy gingered kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut recipe. You can have creamy gingered kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Creamy gingered Kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut:
- Take 30 grams of butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion peeled and diced.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 1 kg of peeled and chopped kumara (sweet potato or you can use Pumkin).
- Use 250 ml of cream.
- You need 1 liter of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Use 125 ml of coconut cream.
- Provide to taste of salt and pepper.
- Use of Extra cream and toasted shaved coconut to serve.
Steps to make Creamy gingered Kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut:
- Heat the butter in a medium pot and saute the onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric for 2-3 minutes over low heat until fragrant and soft..
- Add the kumara and stock, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the kumara is soft..
- Blend the kumara in a food processor or with a stick blender until smooth. Add the cream and coconut cream and season to taste..
- Reheat the soup gently and serve with a swirl of extra cream and a sprinkling of toasted, shaved coconut..
- To toast coconut place 1 cup into a pan and heat over medium heat mixing with a wooden spoon until golden. Be careful not to over brown or burn. Can be stored in an air tight container for future use..
If you find this Creamy gingered Kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.