Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Burmese samosa curry with saffron rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Burmese samosa curry with saffron rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Burmese samosa curry with saffron rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to burmese samosa curry with saffron rice recipe. To make burmese samosa curry with saffron rice you need 42 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Burmese samosa curry with saffron rice:
- Provide of For The Samosa (makes 6 Samosas).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ginger paste.
- Use 1 of green chilli.
- Take 3 of boiled potato.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of boiled green peas.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of coriander-cumin seeds.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried mango powder (amchur).
- Use 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Provide of salt to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander.
- Prepare 2 cups of maida.
- Take of for making spice powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of whole black peppercorns.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1tsp of garam masala.
- Take of for gravy.
- Take 1/2 cup of cooked toovar (arhar) dal.
- Use 1 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin seeds (jeera).
- You need 3 of dried kashmiri red chillies.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced onions.
- Take 2 of slit green chillies.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soaked and boiled brown chick peas (kala chana).
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of tamarind (imli) pulp.
- Take 1/2 cup of shredded red cabbage.
- You need of salt to taste.
- Provide 1/2 cup of bean sprouts.
- You need of For Saffron Rice.
- Get 2 cups of basmati rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Provide of Salt as per taste.
- Use 1 of tez patta.
- Get 2 of cardomom.
- You need 1/2 inch of stick dalchini.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
Instructions to make Burmese samosa curry with saffron rice:
- FOR SAMOSA heat a broad non-stick pan, add the coriander seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.Crush the coriander seeds to a coarse mixture using a mortal-pestle and keep aside.Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and allow it to crackle..
- Once the seeds crackle, add the coarsely crushed coriander and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.Add the ginger paste, green-chilli paste and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds..
- Add the potato, green peas, coriander powder, dried mango powder, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside..
- Knead soft dough of maida by adding oil and salt for samosa cover.make round with rolling pin and cut into 2 PCs from centre to make cone and add the ready samosa stuffing and seal it from top..
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few samosas, at a time on a slow flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides..
- For making Gravy. Boil and Whisk the toovar dal thoroughly and keep aside. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and kashmiri red chillies and allow it to crackle. Once the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till they turn light brown in colour..
- Add 2 tsp of the prepared spice powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.Add 3 cups of water, boiled kala chana, and boiled sprouts,toovar dal and tamarind pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally..
- Add the cabbage and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside..
- For saffron rice. Soak basmati rice for 30 minutes and boil it by adding salt and oil when it is 80% cooked drain the whole water and keep aside.Heat pan add oil and add jeera, tez patta,clove,cardomon,and next add ginger garlic paste saute until raw smell goes and next add onion fry till it becomes brown..
- Take a cup of warm milk and add saffron and next add boiled rice and saute it nicely and add saffron milk from top and mix well and cover with foil paper from top of pan and keep the rice to cook for 5 minutes..
- Enjoy this different and delicious Burmese samosa curry with saffron rice.
If you find this Burmese samosa curry with saffron rice recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.