Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Energy.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy foods can help us truly feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast wholesome snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to swiss chard and mushroom polenta recipe. To make swiss chard and mushroom polenta you need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta:
- Prepare 150 grams of Cornmeal.
- Provide 800 ml of Water or thin soup stock.
- Use 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Take 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Provide 3 large of leaves Swiss chard.
- Use 10 of Button mushrooms.
- Provide 1 bunch of Pine nuts (or other nuts or seeds).
- Use 1/2 of Onion.
- Take 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta:
- Blanch the Swiss chard for a few minutes and then squeeze out the water. Cut into bite-size pieces..
- Slice the mushrooms and onions..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the onion until translucent and soft..
- Add the mushrooms and pine nuts and stir-fry. Add the Swiss chard and lightly stir-fry. Season with salt and pepper..
- Boil the water (or stock) in a pot. Stir the cornmeal, a little at a time, into the boiling water..
- The cornmeal will thicken; stir constantly with a wooden spatula. Lower the heat and continue stirring..
- After it's simmered for 20 minutes, add the butter and parmesan cheese (if desired) and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Polenta becomes firm once it cools. You can then slice it and grill it. (The photo shows firm polenta that I made with 600 ml of water)..
If you find this Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.