Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Ofe nsala(white soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ofe nsala(white soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably pick out a lot of items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ofe nsala(white soup) recipe. You can cook ofe nsala(white soup) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ofe nsala(white soup):
- Get of full live chicken.
- Prepare of small sized raw Yam cubes OR Yam Powder.
- Take 1 of handfull chopped Utazi Leaves/uziza (optional.
- Use 3 of tablespoonful ground Crayfish.
- You need 1 of medium chopped onions.
- Get 20 g of smoked/dry fish.
- Prepare 3 of medium yellow pepper(habanero).
- Prepare 2 of Stock/Seasoning cubes(maggi, knorr etc) Salt (to taste).
Steps to make Ofe nsala(white soup):
- Properly wash the chicken, smoked and dry fish and set aside then season and cook the chicken with the dried fish, adding onions, seasoning cube and salt to taste. Cook until done and set aside.
- Peel the yam cubes and boil until soft, then pound to a smooth paste, using a mortar and pestle. In the absence of a mortar and pestle, you can place the cooked yam in a food processor/blender, add a little hot water and blend until smooth (you can use the hot water you cooked the yams in). If what you have is yam powder, boil some hot water,add the powder and stir continuously until you get a smooth paste..
- Now add the yam paste bit by bit and leave the soup to cook until the paste is completely dissolved and the chicken is well done. Now, add the pepper, crayfish and smoked fish.
- Finally, add the utazi/uziza leaves, taste for salt and simmer for 30 seconds. Tip: you can decide to pound your uziza/utazi leaf..
- The nsala soup is ready best served with pounded yam or semo.
If you find this Ofe nsala(white soup) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.