Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Quinoa Minestrone "Soup" recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Quinoa Minestrone "Soup" recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quinoa Minestrone "Soup" recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to quinoa minestrone "soup" recipe. You can cook quinoa minestrone "soup" using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Quinoa Minestrone "Soup":
- You need Half of cup of quinoa (around 150g I've used, that wasn't half cup).
- Use of Around 1 liter of veggie stock.
- Prepare 500 g of spinach, chopped.
- You need 50 g of basil leaves, chopped.
- Get 2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes, diced 🥔.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 of tomato, diced 🍅.
- You need 150 g of carrots (3/4 cup), diced.
- Prepare 150 g of Green beans (3/4 cup), diced.
- Prepare 1 of peek sliced.
- Provide Half of cup celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini, peeled and diced.
- Take of Olive oil,.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Quinoa Minestrone "Soup":
- So first of all this recipe is a bit of experiment. I definitely wouldn't call it a soup, as it became quite thick even though I have added some splash of water during cooking, and also I would probably change a few things next time. I will write some conclusions as a last 'step' so I won't forget….
- First things first, let's dice and prepare everything. On this picture, the 2 darker green bowls contain the "spinach-basil base", in the next step I will write down how I made that and this picture also contains the cooked quinoa..
- Spinach-basil base: so we got the chopped spinach and basil leaves, and about a liter of stock. We mix them and blend it as smooth as possible. I've used a normal hand blender..
- So just to don't forget, as a step please cook the quinoa, if you haven't done already..
- On a bit of oil sauté the onions over medium heat for a few minutes until they get golden a bit,then add the garlic and the diced tomato, bit of salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes..
- Add the carrots, green beans, leek and celery then mix well..
- Poor in the blended Spinach-basil base and add the quinoa to the pot. Season to taste. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes..
- Finally, add the zucchini and the potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the veggies reached how you like them (super soft or a bit al dente? 😊) finally if needed season again with salt and pepper..
- Finally, serve it!.
- And as I was cooking some notes here what I tried to differently. I definitely need more liquid or less filling as at the end, especially on the next day it looks more like a veggie stew. I also wonder how it could be a bit better looking. Advises welcome! 😊.
If you find this Quinoa Minestrone "Soup" recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.