Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A piece of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, however, with regards to eating between goodies. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Eating almonds is a fantastic choice as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. Almonds have a multitude of health advantages and are an excellent choice when you need a shot of energy. These types of nuts possess quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also present in turkey that causes drowsiness, is found in almonds. Having said that, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and provide a general sense of relaxation. Occasionally eating almonds can also be a mood booster!
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced sweet potato soup recipe. To make spiced sweet potato soup you only need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spiced Sweet Potato Soup:
- Prepare 500 g of sweet potatoes or yams (about 2 large ones. I used the purple skinned Japanese yams).
- Get 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- You need 400 ml of vegetable or other broth (I use kombu broth).
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon, more to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg, more to taste.
- Use 100 ml of milk (optional).
Instructions to make Spiced Sweet Potato Soup:
- Scrub the sweet potato to remove any dirt. Peel skin if you like and cut into cubes (I used purple skinned Japanese sweet potatoes so left the skin on because I like the color and flavor). Slice the onion thin..
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a medium pot. Add the onions and saute on medium low until soft and translucent..
- Add the sweet potatoes, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir for a minute to coat in oil and distribute the spices..
- Pour in enough broth to just cover everything. Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer with the lid on for about 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft..
- After the sweet potatoes are soft, blend the soup with a stick blender or mixer of some sort until smooth and thick. If it's too thick, add a little more broth – or – to make it a little creamier add 100 to 200 ml milk and mix well..
- Adjust taste with salt, and more spices if you like. Serve in bowls and garnish with another dash of cinnamon, or thick yogurt, or cream..
If you find this Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.