Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Red Pepper Soup with Basil Oil GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Red Pepper Soup with Basil Oil GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys red pepper soup with basil oil gf df ef sf nf recipe. To make vickys red pepper soup with basil oil gf df ef sf nf you need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vickys Red Pepper Soup with Basil Oil GF DF EF SF NF:
- Use 300 grams of baby plum tomatoes.
- Get 2 of red onions, chopped.
- Provide 2 of red chillies, deseeded & finely chopped.
- Take 3 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Take 4 of red bell peppers, deseeded & chopped.
- Provide 1 of sweet potato, peeled and chopped.
- Use 700 ml of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sweet smoked paprika.
- Get 10 of fresh basil leaves.
- Provide of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get to taste of sea salt & freshly ground pepper.
Steps to make Vickys Red Pepper Soup with Basil Oil GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy pan and sweat off the onions, chillies and garlic over a low heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add a pinch of salt, the bell peppers and sweet potatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes on a baking tray and toss in some oil with a sprinkle of salt. Roast for 15 minutes until the skins start to split open.
- Add the roasted tomatoes with the juices in the baking tray and the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the soup in a blender and liquidise smooth. Return to the pan, stir in the paprika and season to taste with the salt & pepper.
- Finely chop the basil and mix with a few tablespoons of the oil.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with a swirl of the basil oil.
If you find this Vickys Red Pepper Soup with Basil Oil GF DF EF SF NF recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.