Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to country style bean soup with ribbles recipe. To make country style bean soup with ribbles you only need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Use of Soup.
- Provide 16 oz of Dry Great Northern Beans.
- Prepare 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- You need 64 oz of Water.
- You need 1 lb of Pre Cooked Ham.
- Take 1 medium of Bay Leaf.
- Provide 1 medium of Onion.
- Take 3 medium of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need of Ribbles.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter or Shortening.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Water.
Steps to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare beans according to package..
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high..
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth..
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy..
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl..
- Peel and cube potatoes..
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough..
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes..
- Makes about 5 quarts..
If you find this Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.