Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Chicken Pot Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, however, in terms of eating between goodies. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
When looking for a convenient nutritious snack, don’t forget about yogurt. Eating natural yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch is not a good idea. You cannot beat yogurt any time it comes to a healthy snack though. Along with calcium, it’s a good source of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is simple for the physical body to digest and, based on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. This minimizes your sugar intake without minimizing the taste of your snack.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken pot pie recipe. To make chicken pot pie you only need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Pot Pie:
- You need 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Take 4 of chicken breasts (2.5 lbs).
- Prepare 2 Cups of sliced/diced carrots.
- You need 1 Cup of sliced/diced celery.
- Get 1 Cup of chopped onions.
- Get 1.5 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp. of Black Pepper.
- You need 3/4 Cup of flour.
- You need 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- Take 2 Cups of Chicken broth.
- Use 1 Cup of Frozen Peas.
- Use 2 of Tblsp. Minced Parsley.
- Provide of Enough Pie Dough for 2 bottom crusts and 2 top crusts.
Steps to make Chicken Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°. I make sure all ingredients are cut up and measured ahead of time..
- Add butter to large skillet on medium heat. Melt butter, then add chicken pieces, carrots, celery, onion, salt, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Stir often and cook until chicken is done..
- Add flour to chicken and vegetables and stir until all flour is moistened. Slowly stir in the cream and then chicken broth. Cook until mixture is bubbling hot and thickens. Stir often..
- Remove pie mixture from heat and stir in frozen peas and parsley. Let mixture cool for about 30 minutes before filling the pie crusts..
- Place bottom pie crusts in both deep dish 9" pie dishes or pans. Spoon cooled pie filling evenly between two pies. Top each pie with a 2nd crust. Seal edges of top and bottom crusts together on each pie. Cut 3-4 slits in top of pie crusts to allow steam to escape during the bake time..
- Apply an egg wash to the top of each pie. (1 large egg, 1 tablespoon water OR milk. I use milk.) Apply with a pastry brush. See how golden brown and shiny crust is? Its the egg wash!.
- Place each pie pan on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven. Crust will be golden brown and filling will bubble when pie is done..
- Cool pies for 15 – 30 minutes before cutting and serving. I get six pieces per pie..
- Link to my PIE CRUST RECIPE: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345384-southern-pie-crust?invite_token=UY35ewXpWDvLCEexbW5huhRF&shared_at=1604953988.
If you find this Chicken Pot Pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.