Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more balanced feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Try eating almonds if you do not are afflicted by nut allergies. Almonds offer a multitude of health advantages and are an excellent choice when you need a shot of energy. Almonds really are a natural way to obtain B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. They do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. In the case of almonds, however, they wont make you long for a nap. Rather, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Sometimes eating almonds can even be a mood enhancer!
You do not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe. To cook southwest beef 'n' bean soup you need 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Use 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded or diced.
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- Use 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Use 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained (15 oz can).
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans, drained (29 oz can).
- Use 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (15 oz can).
- Take 5 of small potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Get 1 packages of frozen vegetables – country trio – carrots, green beans, and corn.
- You need 3 quart of beef stock.
- Provide of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Use 2 of bay leaf.
- Take 3 tbsp of chili powder – use more for spicier soup.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin – adjust to taste.
- Use of tortilla chips (optional).
- Use of shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional).
Instructions to make Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt. Some liquid will cook out of the celery; this is normal. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the onion begins to turn translucent and the liquid has cooked off..
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic begins to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer vegetables to a large soup pot..
- Break up ground beef into skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Return to heat..
- Scramble ground beef over medium high heat until browned..
- Transfer ground beef to a large plate or bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Pat top with a paper towel. Then transfer ground beef to soup pot with onion mixture..
- Add both cans of beans (drained), tomatoes (undrained), potatoes, and frozen vegetables to soup pot..
- Add beef stock to soup pot. (You can also substitute water and beef bullion for stock. Use 1 cube bullion per quart of water.) Add bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce..
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then turn heat down so that soup simmers but doesn't boil..
- While soup is simmering, add chili powder and cumin. Adjust seasoning (salt, chili powder, cumin, etc.) to taste. You might need more salt than you think because the potatoes absorb quite a bit while they cook..
- Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are tender and just starting to break down. (You can tell they are breaking down when the edges start to look rounded-off instead of sharp.) If you need to add water while the soup cooks, heat water to boiling in the microwave first and *carefully* add to the soup pot..
- Remove bay leaves before serving..
- If desired, crumble a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladel soup over them. Top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.
If you find this Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.