Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a few minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you most probably choose lots of food items out of habit. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) recipe. You can cook vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- You need of Soup Broth.
- Provide 1 large of sweet onion peeled and quartered.
- Provide 1 small of piece ginger (about 2 inch) peeled and halved length wise.
- Get 1 head of full nutmeg (you can also use a small cinnamon stick).
- Get 2 clove of garlic.
- Use 1 pinch of coriander, cilantro, or basil.
- Use 4 medium of carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- You need 4 cup of vegetable stock.
- Take 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Noodles.
- Get 1/2 lb of flat rice noodle (I used thicker noodles but use according to preference).
- Take of Toppings.
- Use 2/3 packages of extra firm fried until crispy tofu (you can substitute any protein you desire here such as chicken, beef, beans, etc).
- You need 4 medium of mushrooms (by preference, I like shitake for asian dishes).
- Prepare 1 bunch of vegetables of your choice (I used bok choy and borccoli).
- Prepare of Garnishes.
- Use 1 bunch of bean sprouts.
- Provide 1 bunch of cilantro (a handful is usually good).
- Prepare 1 of chile pepper, or any hot pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of lime cut into slices.
- Prepare 2 of stock green onion, sliced into small pieces.
- Get 1 of your favorite sauces such as Hoisin, Sriracha, etc.
Steps to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- For the broth:.
- Char the onion and ginger under the broiler until slightly black (about 5 minutes per side).
- Dry roast star anise, nut meg and cilantro in a large pot over medium heat until you can smell the flavors. Stir to prevent burning..
- Once flavors are aromatic, add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, charred onion and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Reduce heat and keep hot until ready to serve..
- For the noodles:.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once water is boiled, turn off heat, add noodles, cover and let cook for 5-7 minutes (or follow package directions). Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking..
- For Toppings:.
- Prepare however you desire. I fried the tofu in oil until crispy and cooked the veggies until slightly wilted and warmed throughout. Season as desired, but note the flavor of the broth is the main seasoning for the whole dish.
- For the garnishes:.
- Prepare garnishes and arrange on a plate. Add the desired amount of garnishes to your own dish once meal is prepared and served..
If you find this Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.