Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Tomato Rasam recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tomato Rasam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Rasam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few small changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One nutritious option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato rasam recipe. You can cook tomato rasam using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Rasam:
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- Use 1 of lemon size tamarind pulp.
- Take handful of chopped coriander leaves.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper corns.
- Use 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- Use 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 of red chilli.
- Get Few of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rasam powder.
- Provide 2 cups of water.
- Provide to taste of salt.
- Get 1 tsp of ghee.
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
Instructions to make Tomato Rasam:
- Firstly soak tamarind in little warm water, squeeze out the pulp drain it and keep aside..
- Roughly pound peppercorns, cumin seeds, garlic together..
- Take a saucepan add in 1tsp ghee add mustard seeds, red chilli, few curry leaves saute for two minutes..
- When mustard seeds starts to splutter add chopped tomatoes,turmeric powder, and salt add little water, close the lid, put the flame on medium, let it cook until tomatoes becomes soft and mushy,.
- Now add rasam powder(store-bought) add drained tamarind pulp, and two cups of water mix well, let it boil again nicely for about 10-12 minutes,.
- Lastly, add chopped coriander leaves, and serve hot..
If you find this Tomato Rasam recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.