Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Tomato Rasam recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tomato Rasam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Rasam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Power.
We are all aware that having healthy meals can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and less of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Have a shot at eating almonds unless you have problems with nut allergies. Almonds are often considered a super food because they’re packed full of things which help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Different nutritional vitamins are located in these wonderful nuts. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan which may often cause you to be sleepy. But once you eat almonds, you do not feel like you need to sleep a while. These nuts unwind the muscles and offer a general sense of relaxation. Your emotional level can often be lifted by just eating almonds.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily available. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato rasam recipe. You can have tomato rasam using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Tomato Rasam:
- Provide 1/4 cup of Toovar Dal.
- Use 3-4 of Medium sized tomatoes.
- Prepare Few sprigs of curry leaves.
- Use 2 tbsp of coriander leaves chopped fine plus more for garnish.
- Get 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use Pinch of hing.
- Take 1 Tbsp of tamarind pulp.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Rasam Powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of whole black peppercorns.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Take As per taste of Salt.
- You need as required of Oil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of ghee.
Steps to make Tomato Rasam:
- Ingredients. Soak Toovar Dal for 20 mins..
- Pressure cook the dal with a pinch of hing and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder for 4-5 whistles. Set aside and mix and add 1 cup water.
- Chop the tomatoes fine, chop the coriander leaves fine. In a pan add chopped tomatoes, chopped coriander leaves, Rasam powder, salt and 1 cup water. On low flame cover and cook until water is little reduced..
- Add cooked Dal with water and cook further on low flame. Add tamarind pulp and mix well.
- In a separate pan roast cumin seeds and whole black peppercorns until little brown in colour. Add to a blender for a coarse powder. Set aside. Add to the Rasam.
- In the same pan heat ghee, add mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves. Let it splutters and add to Rasam. Cook the Rasam for 1 min more and set aside.
- Serve with rice and enjoy.
If you find this Tomato Rasam recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.