Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of modest changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe. You can cook fennel and lentil soup – vegan using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fennel and lentil soup – vegan:
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Get 1 of garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, chopped.
- You need 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 of fennel bulb, chopped.
- Use 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/3 cup of puy lentils.
- Take 500 ml of vegan stock.
- Take 2 handfuls of kale- optional.
- Get of juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Get of seasoning.
- Provide 100 g of cooked grain eg freekeh, maftoul, giant couscous – optional.
Instructions to make Fennel and lentil soup – vegan:
- Heat the oil in a pan (that has a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 10mins until softened..
- Add the carrot, celery, fennel, fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Turn the heat down to low- medium, cover and sauté for another 10-15 mins. Give them a stir now and then..
- Add the lentils and stock. Cover and simmer for 25-30 mins..
- Add the kale. Cover and cook for 5 mins..
- Stir in the lemon juice and the grains if using. Season to taste..
- Enjoy 😋.
If you find this Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.