Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Tomato Rasam recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tomato Rasam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Rasam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato rasam recipe. You can have tomato rasam using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tomato Rasam:
- Use 4 of tomatoes chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp of oil.
- Take 2 springs of curry leaves.
- Provide 1 of dry red chilli.
- Provide 1 tsp of garlic chopped.
- Get 1/2 tsp of pepper corns.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- Use 4 cup of water.
- Provide 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Take 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida (hing).
- Provide 1 tbsp of rasam powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of coriander leaves, chopped.
Steps to make Tomato Rasam:
- Heat oil & temper with dry red chilli, cumin seeds & peppercorns. Saute for a few seconds. Then add the garlic and 1 sprig curry leaves. Stir fry till the garlic changes colour..
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder & tamarind paste..
- Mix everything well and them add the water..
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles..
- When cool, blend into a puree and strain. keep aside..
- Heat ghee & temper with mustard seeds. After it stops spluttering, add asafoetida, rasam powder & remaining curry leaves. Saute for a few sec..
- Add the prepared rasam and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes..
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves..
- Serve hot as an appetizer, with hot steamed rice or as a soup..
If you find this Tomato Rasam recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.