Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
If you’re looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A piece of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 'on the mark' split pea soup recipe. You can cook 'on the mark' split pea soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup:
- Get 1 lb of dry green peas.
- You need 2 quart of stock.
- You need 2 stick of celery.
- Get 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 of ham hock.
- Get 1 cup of yellow onion.
- Use 1 of 1bay leaf.
Steps to make 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup:
- Heat cooking pot with olive oil (med). Chopped onion, celery, and carrots and add to cooking pot..
- Saute veggies for 10 mins, add stock/broth, bay leaf, and ham hock..
- Bring broth to boil, then simmer on med low for 60 mins or until lentils are soft..
- When lentils are soft, remove bay leaf(s). Remove ham hocks and set aside to cool..
- Pour cooking pot contents into a drainer to allow the liquid to separate from the lentil and veggies..
- Put lentils and veggies into a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick, add some of the drained out liquid. Chop ham and add to soup..
If you find this 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.