Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Thai Coconut Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Coconut Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Coconut Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is an excellent alternative as long as you do not have a nut allergy. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food because they are packed full of things which help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Various nutritional vitamins are found in these wonderful nuts. They generally do, however, have tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. But when you eat almonds, you do not feel like you must sleep a while. Alternatively, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. Your emotional state is often lifted by simply eating almonds.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai coconut soup recipe. You can cook thai coconut soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Coconut Soup:
- Provide 2 of Stalks lemon grass.
- Use 6 of Coin size slices fresh ginger , unpeeled.
- Get 4 clove of garlic, unpeeled.
- Take 2 of Fresh chile (Serrano or jalapeño).
- Provide 24 oz of Low fat chicken broth.
- Provide 3/4 cup of Light coconut milk.
- Take 3 tbsp of Corn starch.
- Get 3 tbsp of Lime juice.
- Provide 2 tsp of Fish sauce (or soy).
- Provide 2 of Scallions to slice for toppings.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Cilantro for toppings.
- Use 8 oz of Chicken (I large chicken Breast).
- Prepare 8 small of to medium shiitake mushrooms sliced thin (stems removed).
Instructions to make Thai Coconut Soup:
- 1) trim lemon grass of root ends and outer leaves. Cut into 2 inch lengths. Smash each piece with flat of knife. Crush ginger and garlic (don't peel) with knife too. Trim stems from chiles, cut in half lengthwise and smash. (If you like spicy heat leave seeds)..
- Place crushed lemongrass, garlic, ginger and chilies in a wide pan and pour in broth. Bring to a simmer..
- Add chicken breasts to broth. Cover and simmer gently over low heat until chicken is cooked. (10-12 mins). With tongs transfer chicken to board. Cut chicken into thin strips or shred with fork before adding back into the soup..
- Bring broth to a boil and boil for five minutes to intensify flavors. Strain broth into saucepan, press on solids to extract juices, stir in coconut milk and heat through medium heat..
- Stir together cornstarch, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 teaspoon fish sauce in small bowl. Add to the soup and cook stirring until simmering and slightly thickened. (2-3 minutes)..
- Add chicken and mushrooms. Season with more lime or fish sauce to taste. Serve with toppings of cilantro and green onions..
If you find this Thai Coconut Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.