Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Green Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Green Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Snacks.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of wellness. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A piece of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a wonderful alternative as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds provide many health benefits. Several vitamins and minerals are found in these wonderful nuts. They actually do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. But whenever you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you need to sleep a while. Instead they will simply help your muscles and digestive tract relax while also helping you feel less stressed out. Your emotional state can often be lifted simply by eating almonds.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to green lentil soup recipe. You can have green lentil soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Green Lentil Soup:
- Get 1 of Red bell pepper.
- Provide 1 of White or yellow onion.
- Provide 3-4 of Whole chives.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 2.5 pounds of or 3g of Green lentils.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Get 5 cloves of garlic (optional).
- Prepare 1 of tomato or tomato paste (preferably without peel).
- Provide of Water to cover ingredients.
- Take 1 tbsp of Chicken bouillon (optional).
- Use 2 tbsp of Sofrito cooking base.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Green peas.
- Use 1/4 cup of diced peeled carrots.
- Take 1/2 cup of green beans.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of yellow squash (calabaza).
- Get 1/4 cup of sweet corn.
Instructions to make Green Lentil Soup:
- Rinse lentils then add to pot with enough water to cover completely..
- Add red pepper (roughly chopped in large pieces), onion (cut in half), garlic, chicken bouillon, whole chives, tomato (whole or paste), salt.
- Stir, combing ingredients then Bring to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, lower flame to Med low and remove onion, whole tomato, chives, and red pepper from pot and set aside to mix in blender..
- Stir lentils and taste water to check if desired salt level has been achieved. If not, we can add more salt after blending remaining ingredients..
- Take ingredients we set aside (red pepper, tomato, chives, onion) and add to blender (or food processor) and make a purée with these ingredients. Add salt if desired then add purée back to lentils stirring to combine and simmer on medium for another 20 minutes or until lentils are at desired tenderness..
- Serve with rice or bread!.
If you find this Green Lentil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.