Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy snacks can help us really feel better in our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, however, when it comes to eating between goodies. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
If you might be looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be fantastic for quick treats to eat on the go. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup recipe. You can cook sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- You need 250 of to 300 grams fresh leeks.
- Provide 2 of to 3 brown onions.
- Provide 4 clove of smoked garlic.
- You need 50 grams of unsalted butter.
- Use 40 grams of plain flour.
- You need 3/4 liter of vegetable stock (use more if the leeks were large and the soup is to thick).
- Take 150 ml of heavy cream ( double cream).
- Provide 1 pinch of each salt or salt substitute, dried coriander or flat parsley leaf and fresh ground black pepper.
- Use 2 of to 3 drops or to taste, worcestershire sauce (optional, but recommended ).
- Use 1 tsp of or to taste sherry or brandy (optional, but recommended ).
- Provide 150 grams of precooked crab ( or use croutons of your choice instead).
Steps to make Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- Wash the leeks well and chop into small rings , reserve some of the rings.
- Peel the onions and the garlic and chop roughly.
- Add the leeks,onions, garlic, butter and saute, do not fry or brown them , dust with the flour until all is used and has slightly thickened the mixture .Add the vegetable stock slowly stirring all the time . Gently cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly .Puree all with a blender or food processor . Add half the cream , all brandy or sherry if using and season with pepper , salt parsley or coriander and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the precooked crab meat just before serving with the rest of the cream and Leek cutting.
If you find this Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.