Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Treats.
We all know that eating healthy meals can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Choosing healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
One of the most popular snacks is yogurt. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you can reach for. Along with calcium, it really is a good source of necessary protein and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your gastrointestinal system work properly depending upon the culture used to create it. Quick hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. This reduces your sugar absorption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken curry – sri lankan recipe. To cook chicken curry – sri lankan you only need 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan:
- Use 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil / Oil.
- Take 6 of Curry Leaves.
- Get 1 inch of Cinnamon stick , 1.
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon of Fenugreek.
- Provide 1 Teaspoon of Urad dhal.
- Take 5 of Cloves.
- Get 5 of Cardamom.
- Get 1 of onion Large , sliced.
- Prepare 5 Cloves of Garlic , diced small.
- Provide 1 Teaspoon of Ginger , diced small.
- Get 2 of Green chillies , sliced.
- Provide 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Tumeric.
- Use 3 Teaspoons of Corriander powder.
- Use 2 Teaspoons of Cumin powder.
- Get 2 Teaspoons of Red Chilli powder.
- Take 10 of Chicken drumsticks , , skin removed (450 grams).
- Take 3 of tomatoes Medium , chopped.
- You need 2 Cups of water Warm.
Steps to make Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan:
- Heat the oil in a large pot..
- Add the curry leaves, fenugreek seeds, urad dhal, cinnamon stick, cloves and the cardamom. Stir these in the oil till the fenugreek seeds turns darker in color. (Do not burn).
- Add the sliced onions, chopped garlic and chopped ginger to the pot and stir. Stir occasionally so that the ingredients don't burn till the onions start to brown..
- Add the green chillies and stir for about 30 seconds..
- Turn the heat to the lowest setting so that spice do not get burnt and then add them. If they do, it will cause a strong smell and may initiate coughing. Add salt, tumeric, cumin, corriander and chilli powder. Increase the heat to medium and stir quickly..
- When the onions are coated well with the spices add the chicken drumsticks. Stir so that all the pieces are coated well with the spices..
- Add the tomatoes and stir. The tomatoes will start to cook and let out the juices. Cook with the chicken for about 3-4 mins..
- Add 2 cups of water if you want a thin gravy, 1.5 cups of water for a thicker gravy. Stir all the ingredients well so that the spices at the bottom is mixed with the water..
- Cover and let it boil for 20 mins..
- In 20 mins check the taste of the gravy for desired spiciness. Add more spices if needed. I find the proportions mentioned works for 10 drumsticks. For a thicker gravy, let it boil more uncovered. Be careful not to overcook the chicken..
- Enjoy with your favorite carbs – bread, roti or rice. Or use this to make kothu roti!.
If you find this Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.