Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Not-exactly Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Not-exactly Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to not-exactly minestrone soup recipe. To make not-exactly minestrone soup you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Not-exactly Minestrone Soup:
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- Provide 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Use 1 of leek, sliced.
- Use 3 of carrots, diced.
- You need 1 of pepper, deseeded and diced.
- Use 100 g of chestnut mushrooms, chopped.
- Use A few of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Provide 400 g of tin chopped tomatoes.
- Provide 2 litres of vegetable stock. “Marigold” or stock cubes fine.
- Prepare Handful of dried pasta. I’ve used Trofie but otherwise break large types of pasta into pieces.
- Provide 400 g of tin cannelloni beans, drained.
- Get 1/4 of cabbage in strips. The core stalk has also been used, diced.
- Use 1 tsp of each dried oregano and thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Instructions to make Not-exactly Minestrone Soup:
- Heat the oil in a stock pot or large saucepan. Gently fry the onion for 3 minutes, only stirring to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Then stir in the tomato purée, pepper, mushrooms and the leek and continue to fry gently for another 2 minutes..
- Stir in the carrots and continue gently frying for 2 minutes or until all the vegetables are nicely softened but not browned. Add the cherry tomatoes and give it all another gentle stir..
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the stock. Gently but throughly stir, add the oregano, thyme and basil, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, put a lid on and cook for 15 minutes..
- Add the beans and the pasta, stir and continue to cook until the pasta is cooked, around 8-12 minutes..
- Stir in the cabbage and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Then season to taste and serve piping hot, with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese..
If you find this Not-exactly Minestrone Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.