Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Crab Bisque recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crab Bisque recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crab Bisque recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to crab bisque recipe. You can have crab bisque using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Crab Bisque:
- Provide of For shell fish stock :.
- Provide 1 of Crab shells & legs.
- Get 30 g of Onion roughly chopped.
- Prepare 30 g of Celery roughly chopped.
- Prepare 30 g of Carrot roughly chopped.
- Get 2 tsp of Tomato puree.
- Provide 1 pinch of Thyme.
- Use 1 sprig of Parsley stems.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaves.
- Provide 2-3 of Black peppercorns.
- Use of For Soup :.
- Use 50 g of Crab meat (removed from claws).
- Use 1 tsp of Refined oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, sliced.
- Take 30 ml of Brandy.
- Provide 2 cup of Shell fish stock / plain water.
- You need 1 tsp of Raw rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Tomato puree.
- You need 20 ml of Cooking cream.
- Take to taste of Seasonings.
- You need to taste of Cayenne pepper / Chilli powder.
Steps to make Crab Bisque:
- Method for stock : Break the claws & legs from a whole crab & reserve them for cooking & garnish as well..
- Separate the meat from the body & claws, wash the body & keep aside..
- Cover the reserved legs & claws in a stock pot with & let it simmer..
- Remove the froth, reduce the heat, add rest of the ingredients & simmer for 30 minutes..
- Method for soup : In a saucepan, heat oil, cook sliced onion till transparennt for 5 minutes..
- Add the brandy, stock, rice, tomato puree & crab meat; simmer till the rice is cooked..
- Remove from heat, let it cool, once the liquid is cool enough, blend it to a smooth paste..
- Now simmer the soup, add chilli powder, seasonings & cream..
- Do not let the soup boil, just simmer till it is ready for serving..
- For Garnish : Decorate the soup with cooked claw, crab meat & finely chopped parsley and cream..
If you find this Crab Bisque recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.