Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup recipe. You can have sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- Take 250 of to 300 grams fresh leeks.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 brown onions.
- Take 4 clove of smoked garlic.
- Get 50 grams of unsalted butter.
- Get 40 grams of plain flour.
- Use 3/4 liter of vegetable stock (use more if the leeks were large and the soup is to thick).
- Prepare 150 ml of heavy cream ( double cream).
- Provide 1 pinch of each salt or salt substitute, dried coriander or flat parsley leaf and fresh ground black pepper.
- Provide 2 of to 3 drops or to taste, worcestershire sauce (optional, but recommended ).
- Provide 1 tsp of or to taste sherry or brandy (optional, but recommended ).
- Use 150 grams of precooked crab ( or use croutons of your choice instead).
Instructions to make Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- Wash the leeks well and chop into small rings , reserve some of the rings.
- Peel the onions and the garlic and chop roughly.
- Add the leeks,onions, garlic, butter and saute, do not fry or brown them , dust with the flour until all is used and has slightly thickened the mixture .Add the vegetable stock slowly stirring all the time . Gently cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly .Puree all with a blender or food processor . Add half the cream , all brandy or sherry if using and season with pepper , salt parsley or coriander and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the precooked crab meat just before serving with the rest of the cream and Leek cutting.
If you find this Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.