Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Power.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. When we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Whole grain foods are an outstanding choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch. Eating on the run can easily be much healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains found in white bread.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and potato soup recipe. You can cook ham and potato soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Potato Soup:
- Use 10-12 lbs of ham.
- Provide 1 of whole onion, peeled.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 lbs of carrots sliced.
- Use 8 stalks of celery sliced.
- Take 5 lbs of red potatoes (1.5 in cubes, NOT peeled).
- Get 2 cups of 2% milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Get 1 tbs of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tbs of real horseradish.
- Use of Rough.
- You need 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- Get 2 cups of flour.
Instructions to make Ham and Potato Soup:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook ham for 1.5-2 hours. Let stand 30 minutes. Slice ham best you can leaving about 2 cups of meat on the bone..
- Place bone in a large stock pot, add in enough water until it covers the bone. Add 1 whole onion and 2 bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 1.5 hours..
- Take out ham bone and whole onion. Add in chopped onions, sliced carrots, and sliced celery. Simmer for 25 minutes..
- Add in potatoes, simmer for 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. To help break up potatoes smash is the back of a large spoon or whisk..
- Add in milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and real horseradish..
- In a small sauce pan melt butter on medium high heat. Add in flour and stir constantly until consistency of wet sand..
- Once the soup comes back to a low boil, whisk in rough. Mix occasionally for the next 10 minutes and enjoy!.
If you find this Ham and Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.