Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Creamy Ham and Potato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Ham and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Ham and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy ham and potato soup recipe. To make creamy ham and potato soup you need 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Creamy Ham and Potato Soup:
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of chopped ham.
- You need 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- Provide 2 of medium carrots, peeled and diced.
- Get 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each pepper, poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt free all purpose seasoning.
- Take Pinch of nutmeg.
- Provide 4 of small (or 2 large) russet potatoes, peeled and diced.
Steps to make Creamy Ham and Potato Soup:
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ham and cook, stirring often, until the ham has browned up a bit. Then remove it to a seperate plate and cover the plate with foil to keep it warm..
- Add the butter to the pot. Once the butter has melted, add the celery, carrots and onion with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes, until the veggies have begun to soften. Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant, another minute or so. Increase the heat to med-high, then sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to incorporate it. Cook and stir for 2 minutes..
- Slowly pour in the broth while stirring, then add the milk and all of the seasonings. Let it all come up to a low boil. Once it begins to boil, stir in the potatoes and return the ham to the pot, reduce the heat back down to medium and let it simmer for about 10 or so minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Then remove from the heat and serve..
- This soup is also very good with some kielbasa or smoked sausage in place of the ham, pictured below..
If you find this Creamy Ham and Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.