Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything straightaway or that you need to altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than entirely changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kale, sausage & leftover mashed potato soup recipe. To cook kale, sausage & leftover mashed potato soup you only need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup:
- Use 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large stem celery, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots, cut into 1/4" thick discs (or however you like to chop carrots for soup).
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Take 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- Take 1 bunch of kale, washed well, stems removed, and rough chopped.
- Get of optional: 4 cups arugula or spinach (I just happened to have arugula that needed to get used up).
- Use 6 cups of unsalted liquid (water or broth of choice).
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of salt.
- Provide 1 pound of sausage, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Take 4 of tomatoes, chopped or one 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I just happened to have fresh ones that were starting to get wrinkly…).
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes.
Steps to make Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup:
- In a 4 to 5 quart pot, bring 1/2 Tablespoon oil up to medium heat and sweat onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until onions start to turn translucent. (About 3 minutes or so.).
- Add kale, arugula, liquid, salt, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Once kale has wilted, add tomatoes, sausage, bay, and oregano and cook, COVERED, for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add mashed potatoes and cook COVERED again for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before the last 10 minutes of cooking, adjust seasoning if needed..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.