Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, simply making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to loaded baked potato soup recipe. To make loaded baked potato soup you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Loaded Baked Potato Soup:
- Take 1 lb of bacon, diced.
- Get 1 of onion, diced.
- Get 5 of large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Provide 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Take 3 tbs of butter.
- Provide 3 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of 2% milk.
- Take 3 of green onions, sliced.
- Take 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, divided.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Take of Sour cream for garnish, optional.
Steps to make Loaded Baked Potato Soup:
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain and set aside. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the pot. Cook the onions in the remaining bacon grease for about 5 minutes, until tender..
- Add potatoes and chicken stock to pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. With a slotted spoon, remove a few scoops of potatoes. Place in a bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside..
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, bring to boil and simmer until thickened. Slowly stir into stock pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer. Stir mashed potatoes back into pot..
- Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese, three-fourths of the bacon and half the sliced green onions to the pot. Add pepper. Stir to combine. Cook an additional 5 minutes..
- To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheese, bacon, green onions and optional sour cream..
If you find this Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.