Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you probably purchase a lot of items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to white bean and swiss chard egusi soup with seed coated polenta bites recipe. You can cook white bean and swiss chard egusi soup with seed coated polenta bites using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites:
- Prepare 1 Cup of Small White beans soaked for 2 hours.
- You need 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Use 3 of Small Red chillies, finely chopped with their seeds.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of dried mixed herbs.
- Get 4 Cups of Green Swiss Chard (Spinach), vein removed and chopped.
- Provide 2 of Jam tomatoes, sliced.
- Prepare 2 Cubes of vegetable stock.
- Take 500 ml of hot water.
- Get 3 tablespoons of oat bran.
- Get 3 tablespoons of ground egusi.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of dried garlic flakes.
- Get 1/2 Cup of polenta.
- Use 2 Cups of boiled water.
- Provide Pinch of salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Use 3 tablespoons of mixed seeds.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of herbal salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of fresh garlic finely chopped.
Steps to make White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites:
- Method for the soup: Boil the beans in a pot with 2 cups of boiling water. Put the lid on, boil until the water dried out. Add another cup of boiling water and boil again until the water dried out..
- Reduce the heat to medium and add to the beans the coconut oil, onion, chillies and 2 cloves fresh garlic. Sauté for 15 minutes..
- Add the mixed herbs and Swiss chard. Cook for another 15 minutes..
- Dilute the one vegetable stock cube in 500ml hot water and add this to the pot. Add the sliced tomatoes. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the second vegetable stock cube directly to the pot – no need to dilute. Add the egusi powder and garlic flakes. Simmer for another 15 minutes and switch the stove off. The soup is ready..
- Method for the Polenta bites: Add the boiled water to a pot on low heat. Add salt and polenta, whisking to avoid lumps..
- Add butter and let it cook for 20 minutes with the lid on..
- Pour the polenta into a container and let it cool off completely. It will harden..
- Add seeds and herbal salt into a bowl..
- Slice polenta into cubes and rub the cubes in the seeds and salt mixture..
- Heat the coconut oil on high and fry the polenta until seeds are golden brown..
- Serve soup in a bowl and add Polenta bites on top..
If you find this White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.