Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a couple of small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One wholesome alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup recipe. You can cook sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- Use 250 of to 300 grams fresh leeks.
- Get 2 of to 3 brown onions.
- Provide 4 clove of smoked garlic.
- Prepare 50 grams of unsalted butter.
- Get 40 grams of plain flour.
- Provide 3/4 liter of vegetable stock (use more if the leeks were large and the soup is to thick).
- You need 150 ml of heavy cream ( double cream).
- Prepare 1 pinch of each salt or salt substitute, dried coriander or flat parsley leaf and fresh ground black pepper.
- Use 2 of to 3 drops or to taste, worcestershire sauce (optional, but recommended ).
- Get 1 tsp of or to taste sherry or brandy (optional, but recommended ).
- Prepare 150 grams of precooked crab ( or use croutons of your choice instead).
Instructions to make Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- Wash the leeks well and chop into small rings , reserve some of the rings.
- Peel the onions and the garlic and chop roughly.
- Add the leeks,onions, garlic, butter and saute, do not fry or brown them , dust with the flour until all is used and has slightly thickened the mixture .Add the vegetable stock slowly stirring all the time . Gently cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly .Puree all with a blender or food processor . Add half the cream , all brandy or sherry if using and season with pepper , salt parsley or coriander and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the precooked crab meat just before serving with the rest of the cream and Leek cutting.
If you find this Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.