Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Egusi soup served with semo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Egusi soup served with semo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One healthy substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to egusi soup served with semo recipe. You can cook egusi soup served with semo using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Egusi soup served with semo:
- You need 1 of derica of egusi(grounded melon).
- Provide of hand full dry crayfish (not the tiny once pls).
- You need 6 of crabs.
- Provide 1 of big oporoko head(stock fish).
- Prepare 4 of round smoked panla(fish).
- Provide 4 of white ponmo (I prefer white ponmo to smoked ponmo).
- You need of red oil.
- Use 2 cubes of knor chicken.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Take 4 of big red bell pepper.
- You need 10 piece of pepper.
- Take 4 of tomatoes(I like mine with tomatoes).
- You need 2 of big onions.
- Provide 1 of big bunch ugu leaf(pumpkin leaf sliced).
Instructions to make Egusi soup served with semo:
- Wash ur ponmo well cut it into small piece, wash the oporoko shred it,wash the crab well, put them all in the pot you are gonna use to cook the egusi with not so much water to avoid watery egusi add salt and 1knor chicken cube. Let it boil for like 30min.
- While the ponmo and others are boiling. Wash ur smoked fish shred it and set aside, remove the head of the crayfish and set aside. Blend all ur pepper and tomatoes with one onions together not so smooth..
- Once your ponmo and others is soft turn in ur blended pepper let it boil for another 10 min then add 3big spoon of red oil taste if it needs one more cube of maggi and salt, let it cook.
- Mean while your egusi is aside and your ugu leaf is washed. When your stew is ready, add the fish and the crayfish stir well and add ur egusi don't turn immediately u add d egusi cover ur pot for 2min let it simmer then open and turn. note: while adding the egusi the heat should be low to avoid burnt.
- Once u turn in your egusi well add the fresh ugu leaf(sliced pumpkin leaf) still on low heat turn well then cover and let it simmer well for like 10min and then ur sumptuous egusi is ready.
If you find this Egusi soup served with semo recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.