Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you probably pick out a lot of items out of habit. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew recipe. To make shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew you need 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- Take 4 packages of 4 bags of already peeled frozen shrimp, if its shrimp season get ya 3lbs of boiled shrimp bcuz those shrimp will b significantly larger.
- Provide 2 of 2 packs of frozen, already cooked & peeled crawfish or 2 lbs of boiled crawfish (again, only if it's crawfish season…btw "shrimp/crawfish season" only applies 2 my fellow Cajun folk).
- Prepare 10 each of 8-10 stalks fresh corn, shucked.
- Prepare 1 large of family size can cream of mushroom soup.
- Get 1 of regular size can cream of shrimp soup (if no cream of shrimp available, cream of chicken is fine).
- Get 1 cup of half n half or heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- Get 1 of Blend of 1 chopped onion, 3 stalks chopped celery, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 1 chopped red bell pepper. They sell this blend already prepared/ pre-chopped in some grocery stores..
- Use 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Get 1 of Crab boil liquid seasoning (equivalent of Old Bay seasoning in northern states) to taste.
- Provide 1 of Salt/pepper or local spice blend to taste (Tony Chachere's is my blend of choice).
Steps to make Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- In blender, blend half of shucked corn w cup of half n half/heavy whipping cream. Add some seasoning 2 taste and blend until smooth. Consistency will b thick. Reserve remaining unblended corn to add in later..
- Add olive oil to hot deep stock pot and toss in chopped onion blend. Stir around until mix begins turning translucent. This process is termed "sweating" by local chefs. Releases amazing flavors and juices from veggies. As ur sweating ur blend add some seasoning to it as u go….
- Next add peeled and thawed shrimp. Stir those around a few mins until they start 2 turn pink..
- Add corn/half n half blend to pot along w both cans of soup. This mixture will b thick. Incorporate all content..
- Add milk here to thin out mixture. I said use about a cup of milk but add gradually until u get 2 desired consistency. U may want more than 1 cup if u prefer it thinner or less than a cup if u want it more hearty..
- Add cooked/peeled/thawed crawfish and remaining whole corn kernels to pot, stir in..
- Now comes the fun!!! Season that thang up 2 ur liking w about a tablespoon of liquid crab boil or old bay… be VERY VERY careful on this step cuz that crap is super hot so take it slow…add it gradually until u get desired heat. Then add more salt/pepper or spice blend to taste..
- Stir everything together well one good time then cover w lid and let it simmer on low heat for about 15-20 mins..
- Serve over steamed rice to eat it as a stew or by itself w/ some toasted & buttered french bread, croissant, or side salad bcuz it's yummy & filling enough 2 eat as a soup!!!.
If you find this Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.