Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato basil soup recipe. You can cook tomato basil soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- You need 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Get 1 can (28 oz) of whole plum tomatoes.
- Get 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onions, minced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 of shallot, minced.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped.
Instructions to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Finely mince the garlic, shallot, and onions..
- In a large pot, melt the butter at medium heat, then add the garlic, shallot, and onion. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring fairly often, until the onions are soft..
- Add the can of tomatoes and the chicken broth to the pot. Then add the salt and chopped basil and stir well. Bring the heat up and let it come to a boil..
- Once it boils, lower the heat so it is simmering, and stir well. Let it simmer for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft..
- Once it’s done cooking, turn off the heat and give another good stir. Let it cool down to near room temperature before you put it in the blender to purée, otherwise you risk damaging the blender..
- Work in batches, pouring about 2 cups of the soup into the blender each time to purée. Remove the middle section of the blender top so steam can escape (you may want to have a hand towel to hover over that area while blending to minimize any mess). Start on low and quickly work your way to purée setting for the soup. Pour into a clean bowl and repeat until all soup is puréed..
- Pour the puréed soup into the original pot and stir well. Heat the entire soup mixture on medium heat until it is evenly warmed throughout. Then serve and enjoy! 🙂.
If you find this Tomato Basil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.