Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato & Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato & Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
We are very mindful that having healthy snacks can help us really feel better within our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more balanced feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. This is often a problem, nonetheless, with regards to eating between goodies. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
One of the most popular snacks is yogurt. The fact is, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. You cannot beat yogurt whenever it comes to a wholesome snack though. It contains tons of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help manage the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Yogurt unites beautifully with nuts as well as seeds. It’s an excellent approach to enjoy a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You do not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato & bacon soup recipe. To cook potato & bacon soup you need 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato & Bacon Soup:
- Take 2 lb of Idaho potatoes; peeled & medium dice.
- Get 1 lb of bacon; small dice.
- You need 1 of carrot; peeled & medium dice.
- Get 1 of white onion; medium dice.
- Take 1 stalk of celery; medium dice.
- Provide 4 of garlic cloves; creamed.
- Use 2 t of herbes de provence.
- Prepare 48 oz of chicken stock.
- Provide 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 1 C of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 C of grated parmigiano reggiano.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- Take as needed of sour cream.
Instructions to make Potato & Bacon Soup:
- Place chicken stock and bay leaves in a seperate saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce by 1/3..
- Slowly render bacon fat on medium-low heat until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and pat dry between paper towels. Reserve..
- Add celery, carrots, and onions with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Sweat on medium-low heat until veggies begin to soften, about 5-8 minutes..
- Add potatoes. Season with herbes de provence, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes..
- Add garlic. Cook 1 minute..
- Heat heavy cream to a simmer in a seperate saucepot..
- Add chicken stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes..
- Remove bay leaves. Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender. (Puree 3/4 of the soup if you want some bite).
- Add heavy cream. Stir to combine..
- Add cheese slowly while whisking..
- Simmer 5 minutes. Do not boil. (If you want a thicker soup, a roux or slurry can be added).
- Add 3/4 of the bacon to the soup..
- Garnish with sour cream and bacon..
- Variations; leeks, milk, kale, spinach, corn, paprika, smoked paprika, cheddar, roasted red bell pepper, roasted garlic, chives, scallions, peppercorn melange, butter, Italian seasoning, rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, basil, applewood seasoning, asiago, asparagus, broccoli, tarragon, dill, cilantro, coconut, dried onion soup mix, milk, canola oil, vegetable oil, vegetable stock, beer, white wine, white pepper, celery root, celery seed, turnips, butternut squash, acorn squash, lemon,.
- Horseradish, zucchini, green beans, creme fraiche, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, cardamom, capers, swiss, gruyere, parmesean, romano, fontina, cumin, curry, fennel, marjoram, mint, ground mustard, jalapeño, poblano, habanero, peas, saffron, savory, shallots, white wine vinegar.
If you find this Potato & Bacon Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.