Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the early morning. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snacks to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shorshe ilish bengali fish curry recipe. To make shorshe ilish bengali fish curry you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry:
- Use 2-3 of Hilsa fish fillet.
- Provide 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of fresh grated coconut.
- Provide 1-2 of green chilies.
- Take 8-10 of cashew nuts.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use to taste of salt.
- Take as needed of mustard oil.
- Use 1/3 tsp of nigella seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander leaves chopped.
Instructions to make Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry:
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes. Meanwhile blend the soaked mustard seeds, cashew nuts, green chilies, coconut, turmeric powder and salt to a smooth paste by adding some water. Keep aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp. mustard oil in a pan / kadai and temper with nigella seeds. Saute for a few seconds and add the marinated fish. Fry on both sides slightly (just a minute on each side)..
- Now add the mustard paste and sprinkle some water. Mix well so that the fish is nicely coated in the masala. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or till the oil leaves the sides of the pan..
- Switch off the flame and drizzle the remaining mustard oil. Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with hot steamed rice..
- Note – I have substituted poppy seeds with cashew nuts as the former is unavailable here. Nevertheless there was no change in the taste and flavour. It turned out simply divine and yummy..
If you find this Shorshe Ilish Bengali Fish Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.