Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, just making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to great northern bean soup (crockpot) recipe. To make great northern bean soup (crockpot) you need 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot):
- You need 1 lb of dry great northern beans.
- Use 1 of large onion.
- Get 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots.
- Take 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of beef boullion paste.
- Take 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter.
- Use 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
Instructions to make Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot):
- Soak beans in water overnight (can do this in the crockpot with it unplugged).
- Drain water and pick out bad or split beans..
- Chop celery, carrots, garlic, and onion. Add to crockpot along with bay leaves..
- Add enough water to cover ingredients. 4 cups worked for me. Can add more if needed..
- Add beef bouillon paste (I use better than bouillon beef base), butter, and olive oil..
- Cook on high for 6 hours..
- Remove bay leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Can use immersion blender to puree part of the soup to thicken if preferred..
- Enjoy :).
If you find this Great Northern Bean Soup (Crockpot) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.