Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Split pea soup with ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split pea soup with ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea soup with ham recipe. To cook split pea soup with ham you only need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split pea soup with ham:
- You need 2 lb of dry split peas.
- Get 1 large of chopped onion.
- Take 2 of chopped celery stalks.
- Use 6 of minced garlic cloves.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 10 cup of water or chicken broth.
- Take 1 of ham bone , trimming the fat the best you can.
- Provide 1 tsp of oregano.
- Provide 1 tsp of thyme.
- Provide 1 of salt/ pepper to taste.
Instructions to make Split pea soup with ham:
- In a big dutch oven or a heavy pot, put the ham, the split peas, water or the chicken broth, onion and garlic..
- Bring to boil and then, lower to medium heat. Remove the foam and continue to cook for 1 hour, mixing often because split peas tend to stick in the bottom..
- Add the remaining ingredients and lower the heat to simmer up to 40 more minutes, mixing often.add more liquid if you want.
- At this point, the split peas must be like pureè. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with herbed or garlic croutons.ENJOY!.
If you find this Split pea soup with ham recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.