Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Split Pea and Bacon Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Split Pea and Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea and Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snacks.
We are all aware that having healthy snacks can help us feel better within our bodies. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more healthy feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. This is often a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between goodies. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have so many options. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Consider eating almonds if you don’t suffer from nut allergies. As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds offer you many health benefits. Various nutritional vitamins are located in these wonderful nuts. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey that triggers drowsiness, is found in almonds. However, you may not need a nap after consuming almonds. Instead they will merely help your muscles and digestive tract relax while also helping you feel less burned out. Your emotional condition can sometimes be lifted simply by eating almonds.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea and bacon soup recipe. To cook split pea and bacon soup you need 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Split Pea and Bacon Soup:
- You need 1 small of onion.
- You need 1 large of carrot, diced.
- Use 1 lb of dried split peas, rinsed.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken or vegetable stock.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Take 4 oz of bacon ends, diced small.
Steps to make Split Pea and Bacon Soup:
- In large Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until most of the fat has rendered. Reserve a few bits of bacon for garnish. Spoon off all but one tablespoon of bacon fat. Keep the bacon fat in a clean container in your freezer, and use it for other things like roasting potatoes, eggs, chickens, etc..
- Add vegetables to pot. Let them cook until vegetables have softened and onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add peas and toss with vegetables until evenly coated with bacon fat. Add bay leaves, stock, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Let simmer until peas are tender, about 45-60 minutes. Periodically skim the top of soup of grease. If soup seems too thick, thin out with more stock or water..
- When peas are tender, you can leave the soup alone if you want it chunky. I like to purée the soup so it is creamier. Just stick an immersion blender into soup and blend as much as you like. You can also transfer half of soup to regular blender or food processor, then add the blended soup back to the unblended half..
If you find this Split Pea and Bacon Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.