Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Puttu & Kadala curry (brown chana curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Puttu & Kadala curry (brown chana curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snack foods.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more balanced feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
When looking for a convenient healthy snack, do not forget about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch isn’t a good idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you can reach for. It contains a great deal of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help preserve the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Yogurt mixes beautifully with nuts as well as seeds. It’s an uncomplicated way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to puttu & kadala curry (brown chana curry) recipe. You can cook puttu & kadala curry (brown chana curry) using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Puttu & Kadala curry (brown chana curry):
- Get of Puttu ingredients.
- Prepare 2 cup of puttu flour.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Get As required of water.
- Provide 1 cup of grated coconut.
- Use of Kadala curry ingredients.
- Use 2 cups of brown / kala chana.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onions.
- Get 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated coconut.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 4 tsp of coriander powder.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Use 3 tbsp of oil.
- Get 2 tsp of salt or as per taste.
Instructions to make Puttu & Kadala curry (brown chana curry):
- Curry Method :- Soak chana overnight or for 5-6 hours. Pressure cook for 3 whistles or until soft with a little salt and just enough water..
- Heat oil and sauté coconut on medium flame until it turns golden brown. Grind it to a smooth paste..
- Heat oil in a pan add onions and sauté until onions turn light brown. Add ginger garlic paste cook till raw smell goes..
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and sauté until the raw flavour of the masala powder goes. If it becomes too dry, add a tablespoon of water and cook..
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes become mushy..
- Then add the cooked chana along with the water. Add the ground coconut paste and cook for a few minutes..
- Take a cooked chana, grind it to a coarse paste and add it to the gravy along with Garam masala powder. Add more water and cook on medium flame until everything gets blended well..
- Puttu Method:- In a bowl take puttu flour and salt. mix well..
- Add water and crumble the flour.Add water in batches and mix well.the flour need to hold shape when pressed between the fist, and need to break on further pressing. Make a moist flour with crumbly texture..
- Take a puttu steamer and layer with fresh grated coconut, followed by 3 tbsp of puttu flour. again layer with coconut, puttu flour, lastly add coconut.
- Close the puttu steamer and steam for 10 mins or till the steam escapes from top holes of puttu steamer. Carefully open it and push the puttu using a wooden ladle from the back..
- Serve puttu hot along with kadala curry..
If you find this Puttu & Kadala curry (brown chana curry) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.